Monday, May 3, 2010

If only I had a Fishin' Pole

I survived the rain, and I didn't even have to get out the boat. If you watched the 136the running of the Kentucky Derby then you saw that Kentucky was getting hit with some wet weather, to put it mildly. Well, that wet weather decided to hang around all weekend.

I didn't realize how much water we had received until I went out last night to return a movie. my normal 15 minute route into town ended up being a detoured route of an hour. Low bridges were impassible because of high water, and even places where there wasn't a stream, or a creek there was high water covering the road. the pasture in front of my house had become a lake and the dried up and filled in well next to my house was full. Not to mention the old root cellar near my house was full of water. I am glad there wasn't a tornado or I would have had no where to go.





This morning's drive in was a little better. I did have to take some detours to work because the water hadn't completely receded but everything seems to be getting back to normal.




And normal for me means weed eating. Yeah!!! I actually saw the grass grow this weekend, not a happy sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment