Sunday, June 5, 2011

The End of the Day

On the weekends this is what the end of day looks like; five cows heading home.

This particular evening the flys were pretty bad, and the girls were high-tailing it to the wooded area when it was time to come in, which is in the opposite direction of the gate.

If they made it to the woods I probably would have never gotten them out. With that possibility on my mind I moved quickly...& by quickly, I mean I actually ran across the field to head them off. Its amazing what you can do when your adrenaline is pumping.

Goodness gracious...it hurt to breath...

After a few deep breaths to keep oxygen flowing, I blocked their path by yelling and waving a stick.

(They're huge, I had to do something to make the turn.)

They wanted to run from the crazy person. With these efforts I got them turned around and headed in.

So, luckily, the end of day looked like this.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment